Sunday, March 25, 2012

More gems

Katie was carrying Lilie as we walked in to church today.  Lilie suddenly leaned over to me and gently rubbed my shoulder.

"Don't worry, Daddy, you'll get hair someday."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lilie was sitting at the table today, staring off into the distance.  She slowly brought her hand up and then - well, started to dig for gold.  In her nose, if you know what I mean.

"Lilie - stop that!  It's gross," I said.

"What?!" she protested.  "It helps me think."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lilie had finally managed to get herself excused from the table, after a lot of negotiating over the last bites of food she had to eat.  

"I wish I only had one ear," she said as she fiddled with her toys.

"Why in the world would you want that?" asked Katie.

"'Cause then I wouldn't have to listen to you guys."

No comments: