Sunday, April 1, 2012

Glowing bubbles

I saw glow-in-the-dark bubbles at Walmart.  Some would shy away from these, thinking "I bet they don't really glow." or "Never in a million years." or even "Yeah, right - and if I buy them, I'll be visited by a magical fairy that will grant me three wishes."

Unfortunately, they had me at 'glow-in-the-dark'.  I'd probably buy glow-in-the-dark apples if they sold them (they don't - do they?).  And since this was only three dollars, I thought it was worth the money.

Not only did they glow (okay, the bubble solution was glowing, not so much the bubbles), but the solution and the wand worked together to put out bubbles in awesome quantities!  We had a bonfire and roasted marshmallows and played with glowing bubbles far too late into the evening, but it was worth it.  Here are the pictures:

Like I said, the bubbles weren't spectacular - but using a flash on bubbles in the dark turns out to be pretty cool!

The solution's glow was remarkably powerful...

*You* try to look cool while you blow bubbles.  Can't be done.

I think Lilie could have chased the bubbles all night long.

Once we started taking pictures of the bubbles, it was hard to stop.

Trippy, right?


Okay, so maybe she got tired and had to sit down...
We had a good night, even though we all were pasted with glow-in-the-dark bubble solution by the time it was over.  Hey, they wouldn't put it on the market if it wasn't safe to smear it on your face... would they?

No comments: