Saturday, March 3, 2012

Telly

Liliana and I were wrestling and horsing around when she told me to tickle her.

"Where should I tickle you?"

"Right here under my arm!"

"Oh, yeah?  What if I tickle you right here?", I said as I tickled her on her bum-cheek.

Lilie squealed and giggled.

"You can't tickle me there, Daddy!  That's my telly."

I decided to wait a bit and see where this conversation went.  Lilie recovered from her giggle fit, and muttered under her breath as she climbed onto my legs, "...it tells me when I need to go potty."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were still horsing around later when Lilie decided she needed to slap me with something.  She turned to the foam house we have set up in the living room:



Lilie grabbed a round piece off the front and swung it at me.  I grabbed it from her, raised the hood of my sweatshirt, and stuffed it in the front.  That's how we arrived at this picture:
..

Don't believe that smile: Lilie's first assessment was, "That's the ugliest thing I've ever seen."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We didn't want to forget about this one:

About a month or so ago, Katie had a day off work due to a holiday so she took Liliana to Illinois for a day trip.  They had a little bit of time before an appointment so Katie decided to drive by Liliana's old daycare and maybe stop in for a quick visit with Ms. Kim and the kiddos.  As they turned onto her street, Katie realized that it was a holiday for them too and the daycare would be closed.  She was explaining to a disappointed Lilie that they wouldn't be able to see them after all when she spotted Ms. Kim on her front porch - Yeah!  Katie pulled over and they got to spend a few minutes chatting with the P family we all love so much.

After promising to try to come back soon for a longer visit, they got back into the car and pulled away.  A short ways down the street Liliana said to her Mommy, "I know why we call her Ms. Kim. It's because we all miss her."  Yes, we do! 

No comments: