Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Little Miss Photogenic

For her 3 week birthday, Miss Lilie had her first professional photo session. She hadn't napped very well yesterday so I was concerned about her disposition and was afraid we'd only get a lot of fussiness on film. Turns out she's quite the trooper or perhaps a future supermodel because she did great, she stayed awake and cheerful for nearly the entire session!

I went back today to pick out the pictures for her birth announcements and there were, however, tears this time...but they were mine. When we got there the photographer's assistant took us into a room, turned down the lights, and flipped on the projector. She explained that they put all of the pictures into a slide show set to music, we'd watch it and then go back and look them again so I could pick out the ones I want. As soon as the slide show started and I heard the music (they picked "My Girl" as the soundtrack) I couldn't stop the tears. I was blown away by how beautiful she is and how gorgeous the pictures turned out. It took me a long, painful time to choose which ones to put on her announcements (I wanted to use them all), but I finally narrowed it down and am absolutely thrilled with the way they turned out. Watch your mailboxes--they will be going out hopefully sometime next week!

Until then, here are a few more miscellaneous pictures from this week:



She looks so tiny in comparison to her car seat in this picture...aww!!
She has the cutest birthmark! I don't care what anyone says, it looks just like a heart to me.

50% Mommy + 50% Daddy = 100% Sweet
"Do you love me, do you surfer girl?"

I can't resist kissing that little mouth!

2 comments:

Bettina said...

She looks SO much like you in that first picture!!! WOW! :) I agree - it totally looks like a heart! I will be sure to examine it more in person though, complete with hugs and kisses... :)

Bettina said...

She looks all tuckered out!!! You out played her this time! :)