Sunday, August 3, 2008

Patiently waiting (okay, okay...maybe not so patiently)

So the nursery is ready, the bags are packed, all of the important child-rearing books are read, the floor is swept, and the silverware is polished. What else is there to do while we wait for Liliana to make her grand entrance? Well create a blog, of course!!

As some may know, Lilie has now stayed two days past her expected due date. She's a surreptitious one...even fooling the doctor who had predicted on Wednesday that she would be born before the weekend was over. It seemed that her guess was right on, as I was having the most lovely contractions Wednesday night and all day Thursday. She even had her Daddy and I circling the aisles of Wal-Mart into the wee hours of the night, trying to keep the contractions coming regularly enough to bring our little one into the world. But no such luck; by Friday afternoon they had pretty much stopped. This weekend has been full of stop-and-go contractions, not even really worthy of mentioning. Oh well, I suppose Lilie is just practicing her prerogative as a woman to change her mind.

So while we wait, I thought I'd create a place where we can share pictures, stories and exciting milestones with friends and family near and far. Here are just a few pictures to get started:

20 week ultrasound--her very first closeups!
Her room
Lilie in Mommy's tummy at 38 weeks



I hope that soon...very soon...we will have pictures to share of the little princess herself!

2 comments:

Bettina said...

She was waiting for this! She wanted a place for her pictures to be displayed. :)

I LOVE you blog!!! It is so great!!! The name = ADORABLE!!!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh
she is so adorable !!!!!!
but I don't know why katie is tired ?
all Lilie does when I'm around is sleep...lol
Mother hood suits you just fine Katie you look like your an old pro ..
Lilie is a lucky little flower to have you as a mother
xoxo
Aunt Mar-Mar