Saturday, December 8, 2012

Getting in the Christmas spirit

Christmas angel
Last year, Liliana was WAY into Christmas - when it finally arrived.  This year she is beyond excited about preparing for Christmas as well.  She loves Christmas lights, especially the ones at a house in our neighborhood that play music.  We cannot enter or leave the subdivision without her begging us to drive past the "singing house".  It has become a fun (mostly) routine to stop in front of their house, roll down the windows, and catch at least one song each time.  Obviously, this is not fun is when we are late and/or in a hurry.  For some reason, preschoolers just don't understand what the rush is all about.  Actually, come to think of it...I wish I could live like that. 

On another note, earlier this week I decided to surprise Liliana with a pajama-clad, Christmas light excursion after bathtime.  I told her that she and I needed to go put gas in the car.  Once we got to the gas station and filled up, I took her inside and bought each of us a hot chocolate.  Then, on our way home we got "terribly lost" (in three subdivisions) and enjoyed the beautiful decorations while sipping on our cups of hot chocolate.  Liliana informed me that she thought my idea was "the best, best, best, best, best, best, best, BEST idea ever!" and that she would like to do that every night.  I don't think we will do it that often but I'm definitely feeling a tradition coming on.  

It is pretty obvious that a certain shorter member of the family is a little more enthusiastic than other taller members about decorating the tree.  I am tempted to leave it this way.

Proud of her Christmas cookies in the oven.  This was followed by delivery of said cookies to all of our cul-de-sac neighbors.  (I had to get those babies OUT of the house!)

No comments: