Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Batteries

I know we owe you a Christmas post, but I had to document this before I forgot about it.

Lilie has been feeling under the weather for the past few days.  It was mostly a head cold until yesterday, when she added a croupy cough.  So it was no surprise when she woke us up last night, asking if she could climb into our bed.

I opted to let the girls have the bed (Lilie is not a delicate sleeper), and went to the guest bedroom.  Lilie found me there this morning, and snuggled with me while Katie was getting ready for work.  At one point she looked at me, frowned and sniffled.

"Awww....", I said, and reached over to tap the tip of her nose.

Lilie sniffled again, then reached over and touched the tip of my nose. 

"Boop."

She did it again, grinning.

"Boop."

She paused, then offered a gravelly giggle.

"I'm going to run your batteries down."

No comments: