Sunday, November 6, 2011

Ch-ch-changes...

We have had quite an exciting week with Liliana! This week she began full-on potty training and is doing amazing! She is now wearing big girl pants all day and has only had a couple of minor accidents. Her motivation seems to be going to Kindergarten...I've tried to explain that, although she can go potty like a big girl, it will be a little while until she can go to school. It still seems to motivate her anyway so I haven't really tried to explain exactly how long it will be. As exciting as it is to have her using the potty and not having to buy diapers, I have to say that potty training is exhausting. It did not take Liliana long at all to figure out that if she wants us to stop whatever we are doing all she has to do is say those five magical words, "I have to go potty!" It is also a fantastic bedtime postponement tactic.

We have a hunch that learning will be a passion for our little one. This girl loooooooves to "read". She has been known to spend 2 hours in bed past her bedtime just looking at books. She asks us to read to her nearly constantly, which we try to accommodate as much as possible but she seems to be insatiable in that regard. As tiring as it can be, we are really pleased that she already enjoys reading as much as we do.

Her vocabulary is also expanding so quickly! She knocked her Daddy's socks off earlier this week when she used the word "stupefied" in context (and, as he described it, with authority). She nearly crumpled me with laughter today when she used the word "tentative" appropriately in a sentence. I know there were a couple others comments that she's made lately that I really wanted to remember so I could document them here...but I've forgotten already. Hopefully, they'll come back to me and I can post them later.

1 comment:

GowWow (Darla N) said...

This has been fun to watch her absorb the books. Going to the library on Fridays when she is with me has turned out to be a lot of fun. Just hope the weather continues to be nice enough for us to take that walk.