Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Ah, sweet victory!

Ever since June, when I signed Liliana up for Tiny Tots tumbling class, we have been anxiously awaiting the classes to begin. I just knew for sure that she would absolutely love it and have the best toddler time ever! The first class was last week. And it was terrible.

First of all, Jason and I had both acquired St. Charles county's worst head cold ever. We were practically teetering on the edge of our deathbeds (minor exaggeration) but were determined that the tumbling show must go on! Our patience was spreading pretty thin even before we got inside the tiny little building. We made it inside barely in time for the beginning of class. I got Liliana inside her classroom, gave her a kiss on the head, told her to have fun and turned to leave. That's when she started screaming. And clinging to my leg. And screaming. I thought maybe she'd calm down and join the class once she saw how much fun they were having so I stuck around for a few minutes. While she continued to scream. At that point I was embarrassed by the disruption we were causing and I was ready to leave (5 mins into the class). Jason had been watching from outside the room and must've seen "that look" in my eyes because he quickly swooped in and tagged me out. He sat with Liliana in the class for the rest of the time. It was one thing for her to refuse to participate but screaming and crying the entire 30 minutes was a little much. I left feeling really frustrated, disappointed, and mostly sick.

Later that evening, we talked to her about her behavior and explained that it would not be acceptable. She agreed that she would do better next week. In fact, she assured me several times over the last week that she was going to be good in the next tumbling class. Still, I will admit I was pretty nervous walking in those doors last night. Here's a snippet of what happened this time:





o

She did *awesome*!! I was so proud of her behavior and her mad tumbling skilz! *That* is the kind of fun I was expecting. Now I can't wait for next week!

No comments: