Thursday, December 16, 2010

Bedtime Stories

Liliana's usual bedtime routine goes something like this: read a book with Mommy or Daddy, lights out, snuggles in the rocking chair while we tell a story then sing her a song. Then we put her in her crib to fall asleep. Tonight, after her story, I asked Liliana what she wanted me to sing. She requested "Moonshadow" (by Cat Stevens). This is a song that her Daddy usually sings to her and I haven't been able to get it down just right yet. I've been trying really hard to learn the words and get the notes right but apparently my effort has yet to pay off. I got about two verses into the song before Liliana asked, "Can you turn that off?" (Owch!)

That only hurt my pride for a few minutes because she melted my heart a few minutes later. She had her head on my chest and we were rocking in the dark when she lifted up her head and turned to me. I could barely make out the sweet grin on her face but I could hear it in her voice when she happily declared, "I'm going to get married! With you and Daddy!" I thought it was really cute and didn't really want to get into all of the clarifying at the moment so I giggled a little and said, "Yep, sweetheart!" She put her head back down on me and then asked, "It's not going to hurt?" I giggled a lot. And assured it that no, it wasn't going to hurt.

1 comment:

Bettina said...

She is just the SWEETEST!!! She melts my heart! :)