Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Jingles

A big thank you to our friends, the Rudds, for sharing some tadpoles with us! When we first brought them home, I wasn't sure who was more excited: Liliana or Jason. In the last couple of days, even I have become kind of intrigued and attached to the cute lil' guys.

Liliana has called them many things: "tap poles", "goldfish", "wiggly tings", etc but the one thing she calls them most often is "jingles". I'm not sure why....but I think it's super cute so I haven't really been correcting her. You'll see in this video that she gave them another name. Reminiscent of one of my favorite Dr. Suess stories (Too Many Daves), Liliana wants to call them all CC. Jason says she's referring to the fact that they all look alike and are, therefore, carbon copies.

Anyway, they are a lot of fun to watch and it's even more fun to watch Liliana enjoy them! (Except maybe for last night when she insisted on getting out of bed to come back downstairs to tell them goodnight because she forgot and was afraid they'd be upset.)


1 comment:

Rudd Family said...

Glad she's enjoying them! I love hearing our boys talk to the tadpoles. They even tell them goodnight and goodmorning.