Monday, September 20, 2010

Meatball

I was lucky to get the chance to play paintball recently with Man Up Ministries from Metro Community Church in Edwardsville. I went with my friend Brian Bennett on Saturday morning to Bing Field near Wood River.

The day was a little warm, but it was a great game! There were about fourteen men there, so we were able to have each field all to ourselves. By the end of the morning, we had played about everywhere we could, and found ourselves with leftover ammunition and no plans for another game. What to do?

Someone came up with a REALLY GOOD IDEA. We were on a field that had a path running straight down the middle. We devised a gauntlet: guys would line the path and fire while other guys ran down the middle. Shirtless.

These are the results of my run:





I was displaying my marks to Lilie and she was curious as to what happened. I explained that Daddy had played paintball, and that when I got shot, I got the ouchies. She thought for a moment, then asked, "You got hit with meatballs?".

"Yes," I explained after I stopped laughing. She paused again.

"And you shot dem with meatballs?"

"Yes, Daddy shot meatballs back at them." Another pause.

It's funny - Katie didn't get it either.

2 comments:

Bettina said...

You need a reaction for "ouch"!

Katie said...

It's true, I don't get it. Friends shouldn't shoot friends, honey. Those are rules to live by. ;)